advertisement

System pics 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are not enough photos being posted.

Not my main system and always adding and removing parts.
42.5/140/NAT02/SpendorS6e/iPad mini. (Nait1 just for balance).

Merlin, the K2's will also work in corners, try them amazing and if you can try them with some Krell's driving them, then move on to the Everest's.

Enjoy a really good loudspeaker.

Tim.

The Nait XS has landed.

Colour me impressed! It has all the usual Naim 'joie de vivre' but there is also refinement, delicacy and poise. I bought this as a 'backup' for my Audion valve amplifier, but the way it's sounding, I suspect that I will end up using this during the week, and keeping the valve amplifier for the weekends. (When longer listening sessions are possible)

It's the weekend so time for a bit of an update:

I've been listening to (and enjoying) the Nait XS all week. It's not the most resolving or transparent amplifier, but it has a wonderfully solid, bouncy and enthusiastic sound that is very moreish.

So, today I re-connected the Silvercore One / Audion Silver Night mkII combo and.... my jaw hit the floor. There's nothing wrong with the XS. I can't think of a better amplifier for the money, but the Silvercore / Audion is on another level. It has a purity, freedom from grain and naturalness that makes other amplifiers sound 'synthetic'.

Time to crack open a bottle and bathe in the sound these single ended 300Bs :D

Over and out.

Lefty

Hi Lefty,

Never heard your pre, but familiar with Audion via Phil at his old place in Congleton many years ago and latterly Audio Counsel. Superb amplifiers and one day I hope to find one at a price I can afford.

Albeit not in the same league as your amplification, I feel the same when a go back to my a21a and class A.

Richard

Hi Lefty,

Never heard your pre, but familiar with Audion via Phil at his old place in Congleton many years ago and latterly Audio Counsel. Superb amplifiers and one day I hope to find one at a price I can afford.

Albeit not in the same league as your amplification, I feel the same when a go back to my a21a and class A.

Richard

Thanks Richard - love the Sugden a21a. An absolute peach of an amplifier :)

Lefty

Glad the 42.5 is now getting some use.
Sadly i never got the chance. Hope it is living up to expectations :)

Seriously compromising sound quality with them all that close.

photo_zps189d2b3d.jpg

Last week I went back to proper sized loudspeakers.

Today the neighbours moved out. Fun for a short while. :)

Merlin, so as I can get a sense of scale, is that a 50-inch Pioneer Kuro?

Max, it's an old 42".

The JBL's really aren't as imposing as the picture suggests. They are about the same size as an ATC 150 Tower but are a lot less deep and the curves soften the look to a degree IMHO.

They are a speaker that presents an ideal set of compromises for me personally in the room that I use. Truly large scale but without troublesome bass extension. And I know it's so often said but, listening to many albums I've had for thirty years, these really do pull information out of the mix that I had absolutely no idea was there.

Colour me impressed. I can only imagine what the newer versions sound like.

Nice Yuri, I hadn't realized the Sheva had been released yet! Keep us posted on these, ones that have been giving me some thought myself!

What speakers are you running with these?

Thanks Yuri, sorry I missed it over the course of other things. Will certainly be interested in your opinion of the Clones, I certainly love the simplicity of them, although the Sheva Dac seems to have enough going for it internally/design-wise.

Posted this in the Classics section, but it's actually a new TT made by the Classic Turntable Company, a remanufactured TT based on Garrard's 301, set in an SMD granite plinth.

Besides, it deserves a wider audience :)

https://flic.kr/p/npL66H

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back