advertisement

ARC - Audio Reproduction Company ...

Hello, i've a pair of 102, but i've lost the crossover.
Could you help me to find schema and values for the cover ?
Thank you.
Christian

Also joining us will be Nero Audio from Germany, who will be giving a sneak preview of their new loudspeaker range.

Does that mean this will turn out to be a stealth marketing thread? Not impressed.

Does that mean this will turn out to be a stealth marketing thread? Not impressed.

No, just an information that these realy good Speakers will be available again to Listen. Nothing more ...

The Project was developed here and in other Forums worldwide. Thanks to all contributed!

Nobody knows what will Happen .....

I bought the upgraded 050 stands direct from the factory a matter of months before they folded. I don't know who I was talking with, but we had a long chat about the hifi world, and his financial woes. He mainly dealt with one man band hifi dealers who were often better at setting up a LP12 than running a bank account, and ARC probably folded due to dealers paying too slowly, or not at all. A great shame, as they had plans for some great sounding new products.

Ready for Bristol .....

nFz2wBn.jpg

The ARC 050 for Bristol ....

zPJyNi8.jpg

Made with original spares for the ARC 802 Driver ....

and the 102's ....

bd065iH.jpg

Thanks to all Fanatics here in the forum who made this unique pairs happen :cool:

Gentlemen,

a big thanks to all contributed to this crazy project. Especially to TonyL ;)

Finally see a picture from today in Room 226 on the second floor in the Bristol Marriot:cool:

Ws4IFKr.jpg

l24JNez.jpg

The guy on the right wall is lohk (Klaus) from Austria. Obelisk1 from Scotland was also there. We had a very nice and lengthy talk together.

Regards from Bristol - this time not from Home:D

Ingo

Update from Summer 2014 .....

New Aluminium Baskets for Prototypes already arrived.

Still waiting for new Magnets ... delivery should be somewhere week 30/31 ....

Then the first ARC 802 with new Magnets and Aluminium Baskets will be build:)

I'll keep you updated...

Regards from Germany

Update from 9th of August 2014:

The new Aluminium Baskets arrived:

KIf0J9Q.jpg

Also the new & improved Magnets arrived from Thyssen Krupp:

zLHDxv6.jpg

SOyODjd.jpg

Next week we will start to assemble the first new ARC 802 Drivers with the new components.

I'll Keep you updated ....

Regards from Germany

Ingo

I'm listening to a pair of simple ARC 050s, and marvelling at your commitment to the cause :)

By the way, the ARC 050s was not simple!

It used the same driver I'm reconstructing now ...... only a little bit cutted.

Professionel experts from today well known loudspeaker chassis suppliers told me, that a speaker with TS-Parameters like the 050 can't work. :D:D:D

:cool:

Spoke today with a well known supplier of loudspeaker components about our project. Surprisingly they were very interested. They also delivered parts for the original ones ....

Hh7kDt2.jpg

I'll keep you updated ....

Update from 28th of October 2014:
First three pair of new ARC 802 with new Magnets and Aluminum-Baskets arrived ....

tFoFFSB.jpg

Now the cabinets for the special 050's 102's arrived .....

A lot of work over Xmas ;)

0wWgAJN.jpg

NKePXs2.jpg

yn2zxvX.jpg

Two Pairs 050's and two pairs 102's .....

Improved passive XOvers and the first ARC 802's with new aluminium baskets and improved Magnets.

Happy Xmas :D

advertisement

Back