advertisement

System pics 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always nice to see the wonderful setups. Even better when you tell us what we are looking at.

DSC_0440_zps105fad52.jpg

DSC_0454_zps2d1939ca.jpg

DSC_0292.jpg

It's pixie dust. And actually, there's not very much of it visible in those pixie pics of my awesome system.

Bizebub,
May I ask how you are getting along with the Whest phono? I am interested in this one or the Titan. What did it replace in your set? How would you rate it? Thanks and sorry for being off-topic.
ATB,
Mark

DSCI0126.jpg

My system is a combined audio/surround sound one, equipment as follows -

Digital Source - Oppo 105
Vinyl - Lenco L75 (with serious modification)/Audiomods S4 Tonearm, Denon D103r cartridge with alloy body
Phono Amp - HPS 5.1 (self build from a design on DIYAudio - see here)
R2R - Teac X2000R
Amplification - SuperNait/HiCap and NAP 175
Speakers - Front L/R ProAc 140's, Centre ProAc Studio CC, Surround Sound L/R ProAc Tablette Anniversary, MJ Acoustics Pro50 Sub Woofer x 2 -

DSCI0082.jpg

I have recently installed a separate ring mains for the equipment - the best £50 I have ever spent. And I run the Oppo audio output direct to the AV i/p of the SuperNait bypassing the preamp. Whilst this has reduced the max volume a little, doing so has improved the SQ significantly. I normally listen to music with a big smile on my face!

I never seem to have a permanent configuration for very long these days and sadly don't get enough leisure time to listen either.

Here's one side of the room at the mo though. Will probably be completely different next week !

11733774215_58c501c000_b.jpg

If that sounds as good as it looks.........................

A big amp for 2014 - lots of smooth power, brilliant!!

11759638415_8f817edbc7_b.jpg

Goldring 2400 cartridge
SME 3009 arm
Thorens TD-321 turntable
Trichord Dino phono stage
Audiolab 8200 CDQ
MC² Audio MC650 power amplifier
ATC SCL 20SL speakers

Very nice!

Glad to see my old SCM20SLs still in residence. Great speakers (when driven appropriately)

Lefty

Bizebub,
May I ask how you are getting along with the Whest phono? I am interested in this one or the Titan. What did it replace in your set? How would you rate it? Thanks and sorry for being off-topic.
ATB,
Mark

Hi Mark,

I think it's very good. Replaced a Whest PS.20.

Ha it has just dawn on me about the Cadbury's colour! I knew there was a reason why I picked it...

Yes it is an audiovalve eclipse Steve. And you'd recognise that mcintosh no doubt :) stil very happy with the audiovalve, easily displaced my esoteric c03 in an all valve set up. Bettered my previous croft 25rs and ear 864. Awesome built, remote, different input gains....you're representing a good brand

Ha it has just dawn on me about the Cadbury's colour! I knew there was a reason why I picked it...

Yes it is an audiovalve eclipse Steve. And you'd recognise that mcintosh no doubt :) stil very happy with the audiovalve, easily displaced my esoteric c03 in an all valve set up. Bettered my previous croft 25rs and ear 864. Awesome built, remote, different input gains....you're representing a good brand

I MUST RE- TWEET THIS :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back