advertisement

System pics 2013 - part II

One assumes investing in a Naim Fraim is to prevent vibrations getting into the electronics? So isn't placing it in a corner and behind a speaker some what counter productive?

One assumes investing in a Naim Fraim is to prevent vibrations getting into the electronics? So isn't placing it in a corner and behind a speaker some what counter productive?

Or on the other hand, given my room's layout and the fact that it's the only available place, it makes a much better job of a bad situation, given other possibilities of course i'd avoid it. Also in terms of floor vibration, the speakers don't transmit much vibration as they are sitting on two large paving slabs sunk into concrete which go down to the foundations, whereas the Fraim sits on the suspended wooden floor that floats around the speaker's solid foundation. Air born is unavoidable of course, but the CDS3's transport is suspended...

Thought I'd post some images of my rig now I've had a pause from throwing money at it this last few months. Hopefully I'll be able to leave it alone for a while now. Well, the wife hopes… ;)

lounge_pmc_01.jpg

lounge_pmc_02.jpg

lounge_pmc_03.jpg

lounge_pmc_04.jpg

lounge_pmc_05.jpg

lounge_pmc_06.jpg

Thought I'd post some images of my rig now I've had a pause from throwing money at it this last few months. Hopefully I'll be able to leave it alone for a while now. Well, the wife hopes… ;)

Some impressive AV kit there. You running 5.1?

Nice one. They look mint. I remember first seeing a pair when I was around 10 years old in Hughes electrical in Norwich. Still look great today. Enjoy that system :cool:

James

I remember Hughes Electrical in Norwich. I grew up in Southwold/Halesworth/Lowestoft! Is it still there? I don't live in Suffolk these days.

They do look absolutely beautiful I agree.

Some impressive AV kit there. You running 5.1?

Yes, I have it configured as 5.1 although not quite 'there' yet with it. The bass monster seems to have appeared since I introduced the AVR600 as there's a lot more sub-bass info being extracted from Blu-Ray's then its predecessor managed (AVR350). I've had to tone down the subwoofer quite a few db's to compensate and although it's nearly there, there's a little more tweaking to go methinks.

2 channel is bang on however and I'm very happy with standard stereo performance now :)

I remember Hughes Electrical in Norwich. I grew up in Southwold/Halesworth/Lowestoft! Are it still there? I don't live in Suffolk these days.

They do look absolutely beautiful I agree.

Last time I looked Hughes were located in a warehouse/shed on the norwich by-pass-I used to go into the Lowestoft shop sometimes,many years ago though.

Lovely meraks and system, what speakers are the?

Thanks Darren - the Auralic stuff is fab, really impressed - not going anywhere soon...

Good to hear Mattski.

I suppose the same question about the Auralic DAC to StephenB. I also would like to know what those speakers are.

Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Baby Grands, bought them for my Cyrus system a few years ago and were a revelation with Cyrus.

Reassuring to know Auralic chose their bigger brother to demo their kit at the Vegas show CES 2013, so no immediate plans to change them yet

Genuinely shocked at the performance jump of each component compared to my last setup, got me so firmly back into my love of music I even got a TT and decent Phono :)

I stream from a recently built Intel NUC btw bottom right of telly

The main rig is much the same as last year:
11639071555_bbe97d4039_z.jpg

I did get a very nice Stax Earspeakers setup from my wife for Christmas:

11639066935_0f27f2a9ed_z.jpg

The headphone stand was a present from my kids too!

11639324273_90694d4d6d_z.jpg

advertisement

Back