advertisement

System pics 2013 - part II

Over due pictures

IMG_2314_zpsab7f9cde.jpg

IMG_2311_zps428ad49d.jpg

IMG_2316_zps0515969a.jpg

Yesterday I bought a wider version of the oak cabinet shown in the picture. I now have my TV + DVD/HD-player on that
tv_muziek_hoek.JPG

The smaller version now functions as furniture for my humble HiFi system. (only space left for 1 full-sized HiFi component)

systempic_leftsideview_25-12-2013.JPG

I may put in the newer, wider oak cabinet, for HiFi-duties, when I (finally) take the plunge to get me a TT again.

Yesterday I bought a wider version of the oak cabinet shown in the picture. I now have my TV + DVD/HD-player on that
tv_muziek_hoek.JPG

The smaller version now functions as furniture for my humble HiFi system. (only space left for 1 full-sized HiFi component)

I may put in the newer, wider oak cabinet, for HiFi-duties, when I (finally) take the plunge to get me a TT again.

Wow, Alco, your room and setup is looking great!

Very nice Alco, yes the room and furniture is indeed amazing, but the Sonneteer/Penaudio's look extremely nice! What speaker cables are you using there? Glad you got your speaker stands sorted too, look great! Tim

Thanks very much, Rana, Adam and Tim. :) (where's a blushing smilie when ya need one) ;)

@Tim:
I sold the Mission stands that I bought s/h early last week, 3 days ago.
Now that the little Rebel's are back on the old Target stands I even prefer the looks again.
(the more robust coloms of the Target give the small speaker a bit more balls imho) I still do prefer a silver stand to a black one, but that's just a minor preference.

What speaker cables are you using there?
Well, I came across this cable by coincidence actually.
When I got the Sonneteer amp earlier this year, I was glad to get rid of the stiff, thick Naim Naca5 cable I used for years.

I went to a nearby HiFi-dealer that had some QED Silver Aniversary I wanted to try. According to some reviews I read this cable seem to be just my cup o' tea.

The guy from the HiFi-store offered me to try some of their 'own brand' cable too, predicting that I probably didn't want to return it! (and he was right) :cool:

The cable is very thin and flexible and has the same low price as the QED SA. I must confess I was not expecting much of it. (how looks can be deceptive)
Its sonic character was similar to the QED SA though, but slightly more transparent and detailed.

The HiFi-store is called 'De Groef', ('The Groove') ( http://webshop.degroefaudio.nl/#!/K...ef_Kabels/prod/457/De_Groef_speakerkabel.html , sorry, only in Dutch)
I'm using these (dirt cheap) Nakamichi banana plugs on both ends:
0534e-001_1.jpg

Thanks for the info. Alco! I got tired of the stiff Naca awhile back ago and find either the Supra Classic 6 or even the old stand-by Linn K20 just works great, especially on my Larsen 4's, which have a very small terminal cup. More flexibility is key here! I have also heard good things about the Nak plugs you are using too.

I think the black Targets look very nice, fits the speaker very well! Tim

That's one of the classier looking systems on this thread. I only wish my monstrosities looked so neat and unobtrusive....

I agree with Koi, great looking setup, Gary! :) (probably sounding as good as well)

@JTC:
Thanx!

tv_muziek_hoek.JPG

Nice Alco, very nice. :)

advertisement

Back