advertisement

ARC - Audio Reproduction Company ...

NRWler04

pfm Member
Following the Nytech / ION - Systems Thread, I would like to open an own thread for the loudspeakers from ARC.

I know the ARC 050 and the ARC 102's playing in my living room. I know, there were more soeakers which still make a wonderfull noise ....

Maybe you have some information available what happend with the Company and what your experience are with the speakers.

Best regards from Germany

Ingo

I bought a pair if 101s direct from the factory when they went bust in Manchester/Salford.

Hello, it's a good idea.
Like you, i've a pair of 050 and a pair of 102.
I've lost the 102 crossover.
I ise 102 in biamp with a nytech CTA 252 XDII and a CXA 252.

Best regards rom France

Christian

Blimey, i'll see if I still have the receipts, but off the top of my head trying to tie it in with house moves, some time between 1980 - 1984.

Today I've got some old Pictures from ARC ....

Mx2XHvq.jpg

I have a lot more old stuff available ......

Is it technology from yesterday or can it overlive today?

Still listening to this wonderfull noise. Yesterday I've got two new original Bass-chassis for my pair ARC 102 ....

Better then ever before:-:

Here are some Pictures of the Speakers ....

The ARC 050:

UnvGXqM.jpg

ogkCOu8.jpg

7YZyJlJ.jpg

The ARC 101:

awWyQ0w.jpg

23nrC4G.jpg

The early ARC 202:

VSO8JR6.jpg

XQJ9ZjF.jpg

and the ARC ATOM

VpHSucw.jpg

Spare Parts for the ARC 802 Driver ....

qzuF27t.jpg

First new ARC 050s in Baltic PlyWood makes quite wonderfull noise ....

oa909xR.jpg

eIbspfv.jpg

Waiting now for the new OW1 or OW2 Tweeters .... not sure which are the right ones.

OW1's can be used with no attenuation.

I wonder did ARC get that cast aluminium chassis made especially for them, i don't recognise it.

Yes, that's the ARC 802 Driver ...

Was used in the 050S, 102 & 202. You can see it in the above pictures. Pictures of the old Speakers are original ARC fotos out of the 80ties.

This are fotos of the Driver out of my ARC 102:

e7sMtIt.jpg

HOH4NlZ.jpg

The ARC 801 was the Steel Basket which was used in the 050 and the 101.

MzzyCWi.jpg

The pictures in the last post, are original spare parts.

All original Specs are available:)

I have some crazy ideas in my mind ....:cool::D

Interesting. I didn't know there was an 050S. Are there any other differences apart from the bass driver?

Interesting. I didn't know there was an 050S. Are there any other differences apart from the bass driver?

No, the baffle was a little bit different to carry the Aluminium Basket. You can see the Alu-Basket in the Spare-Part Foto.

Of course, different parts were used in the steel and cast basket.

The new ARC 050 will be a little bit wider ....;)

Great info. My first intro to ARC 101 speakers was via my friends dads LP12 / CTA252 system a very long time ago.

Did Nytech do something with the ARC atom and rename it as something else - I'm sure I may have read this on PFM ?

James

PS - just found it on the Naim forum - the Ion JC1

The JC1 was an improved ARC Atom, that's what I know so far. It was developed by John Chapmann with support from Alistair Clarck.

The JC1 was a bass reflex speaker, what I know so far. The Atom was a sealed one.

The Driver was the little brother/sister of the ARC 802: ARC 502 .... Beginning of December I get one and will try to setup a new ARC 025 .... :cool:

Really interested how it will sound ....

advertisement

Back