advertisement

System pics 2013 part I

Simple and beautiful...a music first set up!

Seconded. Had a set-up like that some years ago and it was all about the music. I've upgraded after getting back into listening to music after a sort of "break" and now wonder if I've just gone too far and forgotten what I'm meant to be looking for :confused:
Think an assessment of the goal is required and some getting back to full enjoyment is needed :)

cool room bazza, diggin it.

if anyone has a system setup in an office environment, anything with a desk/computer etc, please post up. I need some ideas!
have a wonderful weekend everyone. cheers

-Six recliners, rears on 10" carpeted riser, with lighting

Ryebread,

I showed the pictures of your lovely house to my wife and she wants to know more details on those recliners in your movie room. We're going to replace the chairs in our movie room with something more grown up (now our kids are older) and those look ideal. No idea if they'd be available this side of the pond though.

Regards
Steve

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
The New Lotus Demo room is taking shape !

That rug has to go though. :)

8501369442_cfaf8e965e_b.jpg

Not much changes since last year apart from the addition of a Metrum Octave NOS DAC fed from my NDX. A very nice DAC.

NDX / TXPS > Metrum Octave > Berning ZH270 > PMC GB1i > AR & Tellurium cables.

8503719796_4cf4d48748_b.jpg

8502612917_4f883b9c76_b.jpg

8502608277_2506780364_b.jpg

8501659404_612c91e587_b.jpg

8501659580_4298654c18_b.jpg

Coupe sport - that is a lovely setup and living room. How are you getting on with the Octave?

Also, I think you might have the wrong sort of TT on that isoblue rack

Lovely photos James, paricularly the low shot looking up through the vieiwing window of the Berning. I don't get that view because mine sits low in my cupboard. Not one shot with Alfie in view!!

Keith

I love that racking, I first saw it at NAF in Loughborough.

Anyway here is an update of mine, I change things around a lot, my equipment choices rarely make any kind of logical sense, its just what takes my fancy at any given moment.
DSC_8226_zps9892c5f9.jpg

KEF 105s I have just recapped, Nait 3 converted to a pre amplifier running the Amcron PSA-2. The 30 watts from the Nait didn't really cut it with 85db sensitivity speakers, so I figured 270wpc seemed fair.

Thanks Guys. Managed to get a whole afternoon to myself to enjoy things :)

Keith - no Alf. Sulking in the hall waiting for walk. He will come and lie on the rug when I'm playing some Cara Dillon (must be his roots). Hope Jerry and those lovely Tannoys are keeping well.

Dan - very pleased with it. The general opinion is that it likes higher sample rates and so with the NDX set to output at 24/96 it's really singing. Took a week or so to come on song. I'm wondering about recasing the Metrum into one of Audioflats 'naim' sled cases so I can fit a DIN socket for my AR lunar cable (using a DIY adapter at the mo) and fit a BNC socket for the S/PDIF input.

Edd - like the 105s - they are beasts :)

Koi - any shots of the speakers ?

105's look cool, like having a pair of friendly daleks in the room. Must be radically different to all the bookshelf speakers. Would probably completely confuse the iPod dock generation.

advertisement

Back