DSC01471_2.jpg

SL1210/Rega Carbon
Sony CDP-X303ES
Sony TA-F670ES
Teac UD-H01 dac
ProAc Super Tablettes

I love the look of that amp.

I love the look of that amp.

It was a bit of a find that one, a leap of faith in many ways. A friend of mine had been going on about how good these Sony ES amps for so I finally took the plunge and got this one, along with a matching ES tuner.

Put it this way, it was a fairly significant upgrade on the Inca Tech Claymore I had before which did come as a surprise. Lots of power, transparent (ie you can pretty much throw any music at it) and with a superb phonostage.

Bit of a change over the last few months.

From these:

NEWKITARRANGEMENTROOMATNIGHT014.jpg

to these:

KitwithQuadsDEC2012PM019_zps52415fb4.jpg

Different views:

NEWKITARRANGEMENTROOMATNIGHT010.jpg

KitwithQuadsDEC2012PM024_zpse3a86786.jpg

and from behind the speakers:

KitwithQuadsDEC2012PM034_zpsedd87f7d.jpg

and the kit, which has moved about, but not changed:

KitwithQuadsDEC2012PM025_zpsf635f92b.jpg

Thought of writing a review of changing from large moving coils to large electrostatics but shall propbably wait until I re-install my ProAcs so that a better comparison can be made.

SPEAKERS: PROAC RESPONSE FOURS (which could be for sale shortly) and QUAD 2905s in 'Classique' finish.

KIT: DAIS/ACE ANNA 12"/KOETSU URUSHI VERMILLION:..SUPERLINE/SUPERCAP/BURNDY/HILINE:..NAC 552:..E.A.R. 509s:..LECTOR 7T and MERIDIAN G08 (for sale) CDPs:..01 TUNER:..SENNHEISER 650 CANS.

Not to mention my old soldier cat (just noticed !), who's one of a stereo pair.

Mike, don't suppose you miss your Orbe? You must be single or have a very understanding other half? Bet it sounds brilliant tho!
Andrew.

Realy like your vinyl storage, Mike. Makes for a good display and easy access. Did you get that custom built?

Nope. DIY, but did the two alcoves at diiferent times. Each alcove shelf holds about 250 albums (but a bit packed), so 1000+ in all.

I never felt comfotable looking at spines sideways, and I like to browse for my next piece of music. Am working on some form of wall display for my CDs, but whether I'll ever get round to it.......:)

Nope. DIY, but did the two alcoves at diiferent times. Each alcove shelf holds about 250 albums (but a bit packed), so 1000+ in all.

I never felt comfotable looking at spines sideways, and I like to browse for my next piece of music. Am working on some form of wall display for my CDs, but whether I'll ever get round to it.......:)

Mike, I also love the look of your Lp storage. Takes me back to the days of browsing in records shops. I dislike looking at spines too, and may have to try something like that too.

Great stuff.

Right then, here goes:
Tube Technology Prophet Pre/Ps
Tube Technology Genesis Monoblocs
Thorens TD124/Alphason HR100s/Benz Ace m
Tube Technology M.A.C. Phono
Hagerman Piccolo/Ps Head Amp
Linn LP 12/Ittok/Karma (Inspired plinth etc.)
Norton Ps
Linn Linto Phono
Technics SL10/AT3182p (not being used just now)

Digital:
iMac/MacBook Pro/IPad Mini (hi-res)
Audiolab M-DAC
Apple TV
Panasonic BD60 bluray for CDs
Sony Hxd870 HDR

Tannoy Turnberry (When the clocks go back)
Quad Esl 63. (When the clocks go forward)

Stax Lambda-Nova/SRM-3 headphones

Cheers......Dave
qajete6y.jpg
neheru7e.jpg

aqadury3.jpg
gyvanezu.jpg

advertisement

Back