advertisement

50s Instrumental with horse clip clop sound??

Minstrel SE

These go to eleven
Its driving me mad trying to find what a 50s ?? guitar band instrumental with horse clip clopping sounds is titled.

I have heard it a good few times and they played it on Radio 6 the other day but the track playing information was wrong. Ive been through loads of instrumentals on i tunes but cant find it.

Its in a similar vein to the ventures/shadows and the key is that its a guitar band instrumental with a horse clip clopping sound in the background.

I will have to go and sing it in a oldie record shop at this rate :) That will be embarrassing!

You know it goes dum dum dum da da da da dum ,dum dum dum da da da dum in quite a deep guitar tone with the coconut sound in the back ground :D

Yes Im going mad! Do you just hate it when you dont know the name of a track. I'm not even massively into it. Oh well worth a try. Should I offer a small prize as an incentive ?:)

If have a smart phone download soundhound and try humming the tune to the phone. You could also use two coconut shells to replicate the clip clopping thing....... Good luck.

Quentin Tarantino would know. Ask him.
Go to Spotify and play lots of old Link Wray stuff. You may find it there.

Thanks everyone. I cant find it under Link Wray or spotniks. Its along the lines of something Link Wray might do but no.

Oh well. In these days of instant track information and referencing its so niggly when you cant place something. It will be a nice surprise when I do finally get it and I will post the result.
I had better go off and start singing it down the phone to musical experts :)

You don't mean "Mouldy Old Dough" by Lieutenant Pigeon? Although don't recall a clip-clop off the top of my head.

Interesting. Come on you all know the one and its on the tip of your tongue :) I just need a pair of coconuts and Tarantinos phone number! :)

Thanks everyone. I cant find it under Link Wray or spotniks. Its along the lines of something Link Wray might do but no.

Oh well. In these days of instant track information and referencing its so niggly when you cant place something. It will be a nice surprise when I do finally get it and I will post the result.
I had better go off and start singing it down the phone to musical experts :)
Have you tried looking under Davie Allen? Sounds like something he might have done.

Last edited by a moderator:
No its not Davie Allen. Its along the lines of The Fireballs, The Tornadoes and The Shadows with titles like Riders in the sky or Geranimo. Its not even music Im much into which is the mad thing. The most similar thing to it is Riders in the sky and Apache.

Every time I see a western themed title I think this might be the one. Can nobody link the horse clip clopping effects which are very prominent?

I will eventually find it even if it kills me (with embarassment) :)

Dammit, this is bugging me too now.

All I can think of is the outro of Alma Mater on Alice Cooper's Schools Out. That was a spoof walking off into the sunset like an old schoolboy cowboy western.

Of course, that leads me into Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns or The Good, The Bad & The Ugly theme. Tried that?

Yes I have thousands of tacks including the good the bad and the ugly, film themes you name it.
Ive tried Duane eddy. Johnny and the hurricanes and all stuff that might be linked. Its either a 50s or 60s instrumental. I dont think its linked to a spaghetti western film score. Its not the end of alma mater.

I thought the horse clip clopping effect would jog something. A low plodding guitar twang. Dont worry I will get to the bottom of it and post the result.

If you think riders in the sky but different with..... oh who can I sing it to? Its been interesting going on a musical search as it brings up all sorts of tracks.

Im sure other people have songs in their head that they just cant place.

Not the sound I had in my head, but surf/garage with clip clop noises........

Last edited by a moderator:
Something mad like this can take you on an interesting musical journey to the very roots of music.

Its not the Top topham one but its in this general area.... I suppose the shadows is the nearest to it in general feel but it different enough. Almost like a pink panther meets hiawatha type feel :) Oh its impossible without translating the notes to a musical score.

If I knew the notes and timing I would write them down. I will have to hum it to an expert or forever let it fester. I can hardly go to a modern record shop and make a fool of myself.

advertisement

Back