advertisement

Active Monitor/Speaker User Roundup Thread

Would be a great template for some minimal music.

ATT377845.jpg

Greater Emotional Engagement

Which Emotion?
Is that emotional Engagement intentional?
Is that emotional Engagement appropriate?
Is that emotional Engagement desirable?
Does that emotional Engagement impede/improve other aspects of listening?
Does that emotional Engagement impede/improve comprehension
Is that comprehension accurate?
Is that comprehension intentional?
Is that comprehension appropriate?
Is that comprehension desirable?
How do you know?
If yes Why?
If no Why not?
How are you sure your feeling increased emotional Engagement is not just cultural and learned responses to the music that are propagated by previous generations responding in the same way?
Is this an emergent or mimetic behaviour?

I'm tired of typing now.
I am off to find a toy plush bunny to stab or something now. I once read "Greater Emotional Engagement" to someone describing the music of Atomic Kitten and the wall still has the dent mark.
seems to coincide with MDMA consumption; beyond that I'm not sure :)

Were those Thai balls??

PT. III

you could hear her body move in the air. She lent over and squeezed; that sound will live with me, for eternity... You could almost smell the reality - Umm... Caviarteria

andyoz, yeah they have no right to sound this good for so cheap! i got them used for half the retail price, and it's still a bargain at full price.

I got them for about £100 on eBay and installed them on a shelf in the kitchen corner cupboard. They still raise a smile whenever I have them on - it's the best sound in the house at the moment. They have been abused at parties for hours on end, with the whole metal enclosure/heat sinks running very warm at the end of the night they never give up. AC/DC flat out - nothing wrongfoots them. I am also getting hooked on the sound from (relatively) shitty iPod systems. This range from Sony for example. http://www.sony.co.uk/hub/made-for-ipod/2/4

theyre too heavy to lug around to parties unless it's one i'm hosting. but yeah they do go rather loud.

Talking of cheapies, I just got a pair of Behringer (I know, I know) Truth 3031A because I've been wanting to hear these and the special offer price was too hard to resist.

Not warmed up yet but will do a review. Not really intending to keep them so look out for an unbeatable classified offer in due course :)

Tim

Anyone heard Blue Sky's larger monitors. Wish they'd have an option for grilles on the bloody things.

http://www.dv247.com/studio-equipment/blue-sky-sat-12-active-studio-monitor--83619

heard lots of the little sub sat systems that are ok.....very clear, detailed and analytical.....but i found them very unnatural....quite a few drum and bass, rave and nu metal producers use them.

the biggies could be interesting though. prob more integrated than the sub systems.

good value set up for what you get.

mine

Klein and Hummel 0300D

SKLE0300D_3.jpg

Yamaha hs80m

yamahahs80m_l.jpg

the gethein are great indeed, but not 10 000 greater than my k_H.

Talking of cheapies, I just got a pair of Behringer (I know, I know) Truth 3031A because I've been wanting to hear these and the special offer price was too hard to resist.

Not warmed up yet but will do a review. Not really intending to keep them so look out for an unbeatable classified offer in due course :)

Tim

Don't even think about using the "auto" power setting on these. It puts the speakers into standby when not in use. Nice idea. However it sometimes does it during quiet passages :)

Tim

One thing I will say for the humble Behringers: they are OK without a sub, better in that respect than the AVI ADM 9.1s.

AVI is not good when it comes to specs; but we do know that the 9.1 has a 6.5" woofer and "bass extension better than – 6dB @ 60Hz".

The B3031A has an 8 ¾" woofer and the calibration graph that comes with the speakers shows no significant drop-off until below 40Hz.

That extra 20Hz range makes a big difference.

Tim

advertisement

Back