advertisement

Is it Christmas yet ?

LOTUS HIFI

LOTUS Hifi
I appear to now own a big shiny thing which spins antiquated lumps of old plastic :p

_MG_7950.jpg

_MG_7952.jpg

_MG_7953.jpg

Verrrrrrry nice. I'm surprised to see they ship it with the sub-platter in the main bearing though.

Verrrrrrry nice. I'm surprised to see they ship it with the sub-platter in the main bearing though.

hi sq, firstly its secondhand so been shipped by a user. Secondly, that big silver bit isn't the subplatter and doesn't move. It does house the bearing spindle though which is a separate piece.

I suppose it depends on the type of bearing. My TT came from the US with the platter (no sub-platter) in place but raised a few mm by some tabs.

I'd never do this with an LP12!

Cheers,

DV

Is that a Raven AC? I thought you were already using a TW deck. It's hard to keep up with your exploits.

Can we see more pictures of the box contents? I'm curious about the innards, e.g. spindle. I'm having a lust attack.

Rich

Really nice! But are you sure the Raven is better than the Amadeus? Perhaps you need to re-check ;)

Let down by what looks like an Ikea table. Pagode Master Ref for you sir. Who cares if it makes no difference Raven + Ikea is like putting an original work of art inside a click frame.

Interestingly enough I'm just playing one of my antiquated pieces of plastic.

It's by Genesis and called Trespass and was made in 1970.

The sound quality is about as good as you'd expect if it had been mastered on a TDK D90.

It had me rushing to Amazon to check out the MP3 sample quality.

Another remastered CD on the way and another crappy old record going on eBay to pay for it!

Let down by what looks like an Ikea table. Pagode Master Ref for you sir. Who cares if it makes no difference Raven + Ikea is like putting an original work of art inside a click frame.

Ahh, dont worry... ive got my eye out for a double width pagode ref and it will go on top of that, with the whole top shelf to itself, probably with a MinusK inbetween just for good looks :p

The ikea is purely temporary, its the only thing to hand that's big enough at the moment.

Rich

Really nice! But are you sure the Raven is better than the Amadeus? Perhaps you need to re-check ;)

Put it this way... I reckon you could live with either for good. Both fabulous decks with a bit of magic that makes them so enjoyable. :)

At this sort of money, let's be honest, there's a large slice of aspirational/emotional/personal/irrational stuff going on. I've always wanted an AC, simple as that. Don't care what that feeling or position is made up from, I just wanted one so I bought one and for me its a TT for at least a decade, maybe for life. Could have had a Raven 1 with a black Knight battery controller for a third of the money but it had to be the AC.

Don't panic ! It's not working yet. Won't be operational until another 2 weeks yet when I get the 10.5 arm back. Hopefully i'll have a second pagode by then or a double width job.

advertisement

Back