advertisement

For those who consider Avondale mods devalue Naim kit

I think David was referring to the new! amp modules that we were told about,
probably a couple of years ago now.
2010 and 2011 came and went but we still have faith.

“The SE amplifier module. Conceived in 1995, PCB prototyped in 1998 and finally refined
to my satisfaction last year. Now signed off for production in 2010.”

You’re probably right Sq and to be honest there was little enthusiasm from the PFM crowd
when they were announced so I’m not surprised they were forgotten about!

anyway back on topic, what a great achievement the sale of that second hand power supply was ….!

After I bought mine there are now monos with the front end power supply. Perhaps his nibs is referring to them.

No I don't think so Mudlark ,the amps I'm thinking of were going to be a new range of
RMS amplifiers using the new SE module instead of the NCC200,but as Sq said maybe
the existing NCC200 variants are selling so well there is no need for these, I don't know.
I never heard anymore about them and it doesn’t seem like anyone remembered to ask about them
until now....nearly forgot myself ,it’s been a busy couple of years.

No doubt Les will release that when the other stuff stops selling so well.

How true Simon, nail hit firmly on head. I'm short on resources having let my man B go his way so can't for the moment bring much new product to the table.
I'm putting in some daft hours as it is and as I approach three score and ten, beginning to feel the pace.

The SE boards, amongst a raft of other kit, are quietly waiting in the wings for when I get some new help (offers invited BTW).

Now, is that OK with you gentlemen or would you like to have me flogged again.?

It would be nice to have a RMS/Avondale Gallery with all the products from past
to present. Not sure if a collection like this exists all in the one place.

It would be nice to have a RMS/Avondale Gallery with all the products from past
to present. Not sure if a collection like this exists all in the one place.

Given that Les has been modifying/manufacturing products for over twenty years,that would be nigh on impossible,however i'm sure it's possible that one day there might well be something to celebrate the wonderful array of products to come out of Chesterfield!!!

For the record, I have no line of communication with Salisbury therefore neither can I have any 'arrangement' with their forum oversight.

For the avoidance of doubt Les, does this mean that you are perfectly happy for your products and your Avondale modification of Naim products to be discussed on the Naim forum ?

Cheers

Don

Les might not mind but I'd imagine Naim taking a pretty dim view of any such discussion appearing on their forum.

I think the situation has changed in the past year or so. Previously finding about Avondale was a bit hit and miss as the website didn't adequately describe what Les does. The new site is very clear where Les is going and cannot easily be confused with Naim.

Surely any perception of conflict between the two companies is historic.

I had a conversation with a 'Naim chap' at one of their NDS demo's. I explained I'd got an Avondaled 102, and mono 110's, didn't cause any issues.

Officially we are compromising the safety status (CE mark ??) but privately mutual respect.

I think we should applaud them both as successful British companies and let our ears decide, we have a choice where to put our ££££'s

For the avoidance of doubt Les, does this mean that you are perfectly happy for your products and your Avondale modification of Naim products to be discussed on the Naim forum ?

Cheers

Don

Thanks Don and for the record:

On the 9th February 2001, I was given to write to Paul Stephenson about some potentially
libelous statements which appeared on their forum.

In pointing out the errors I asked Mr Stephenson to be civil enough to remove the offending
posts and perhaps be so kind as not to allow such damaging statements to appear without first
checking the veracity thereof.

To his eternal credit, Mr Stephenson removed the thread the very next morning and a sticky
post advised that no more mention of Avondale Audio would be welcome on the Naim forum.

I wrote again to Naim expressing my gratitude for their consideration.

I am perfectly happy with this state of affairs as no embarrassment may be caused to either
company by errant postings.

The letters are on display on the wall of my workshop to avoid any doubt.

I do hope that puts this to bed finally.

Thanks, Les

Made me laugh when he says this in his listing. (for a Naim 250)

"I don't have the original box but have a NAP140 box which will be used for shipment"

Now that I'd like to see.

advertisement

Back