advertisement

General puzzlement thread

Why do dolls for boys, such as Action Man & Major Matt Mason (remember him?) have to now be referred to as Action Figures (pronounced Akshuun Figyure), not dolls, and where does this leave Ken?

hands-free-umbrell_2197462k.jpg

A hands-free umbrella accessory

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...ional-Exhibition-of-Inventions-in-Geneva.html

Where does all the tyre rubber go?
There must be hundreds of tons of it worn onto our roads every week, so where is it?

Why do Northerners talk about singular things in the plural, and plural things in the singular?

Example:
"I've been stop 'ere fourteen year"
"I've been studyin' that pictures there, so I have"

What's that all aboot then?

It is strange isn't it. Those poor innocent children being born into this. I hope they find peace now.

Will-I-Am has been wheeled on first as a guest on Top Gear, which is a clear indication of some promotional thing in the offing somewhere - book, film, whatever. These people don't just come on without something to promote.

This weekend we see Will-I-Am (American) wheeled on to sing next to Elton John, which he sort of didn't because he can't sing unless it goes through an Autotune, so he just stood there like John Redwood doing the Welsh National Anthem, dressed in some Horse Guards jacket and looking uncomfortable. Why was he there then, and what on earth has he got to do with anything, especially Royalty? Then he stands in line for that 'performance' and gets introduced to The Queen. He didn't even bloody do anything!

Then we next see him on the news carrying the Olympic torch through the streets of Somerset, like he has anything to do with Britain, the Olympics or bloody Somerset?

What is this all about and is he about to be given a nominal Government position by Call-Me-Dave?

Why? What is going on?

Why was Fergie not allowed to sing 'My London Bridge' during the river pageant? Surely the Royal vendetta against this fine woman has gone on for long enough?

Why was Fergie not allowed to sing 'My London Bridge' during the river pageant? Surely the Royal vendetta against this fine woman has gone on for long enough?

Which senior Royal said "vulgar vulgar vulgar" when her name was mentioned?

...she was actually filmed for a Weight Watchers USA TV commercial, singing "my ol' man says follow the band and don't dilly dally on the way"........from as close as she was allowed. The Blackwall Tunnel.

advertisement

Back