advertisement

Odd Future

kjb

Proof reading not always a strength
Loved this

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2012/apr/11/newsnight-odd-future

both the wonderfully disdainful Newsnight report and the trying to be hip Guardian commentary.

This makes me feel like a 50+ should feel about youth culture. Don't get it but admire it for being there and having such attitude.

( "When he asks what the band are trying to say, Tyler, the Creator just sneers: "Nothing. Shit to piss old white people off like you." LOL!!)

Is this what the '60s felt like to those born in the 1910s or '76 to those born in the 1920s ?

(And aren't the kids well behaved these days? )

Kevin

Smith had my full sympathy dealing with the underclass scum he was interviewing.

My dad felt that about Bill Grundy!

I did feel Smith was risking infringing on Louis Theroux's copyright. It was all a bit faux - as was Grundy I suppose.

And while I'm coming over all Paul Weller, I, personally, feel a lot less pissed off by their "Shit to piss old white people off like you" that I do by X factor/Pop Idol/ etc etc

btw: Just for fun I think we should all declare our ages when commenting on this thread

Kevin (52 next week!)

Is it time to resurrect the old people moaning about hipity hop thread?

I quite liked the Frank Ocean Nostalgic/Ultra record - AOR as Hip Hop beats

K

My dad felt that about Bill Grundy!

I did feel Smith was risking infringing on Louis Theroux's copyright. It was all a bit faux - as was Grundy I suppose.

And while I'm coming over all Paul Weller, I, personally, feel a lot less pissed off by their "Shit to piss old white people off like you" that I do by X factor/Pop Idol/ etc etc

btw: Just for fun I think we should all declare our ages when commenting on this thread

Kevin (52 next week!)

My wife worked with Bill Grundy and his, sadly now deceased, son in her days at Granada. Bob 60 (feeling 75)

I was 4 when the BBC set the (actually rather remarkable) cigarette smoking music critic Hans Keller on Pink Floyd:

Jon (now 48)

Last edited by a moderator:

advertisement

Back