advertisement

Fuji X-Pro1

Very nice. Now go and take some pix with it.

[actually I think the X100 looks a tad cooler... the X-Pro looks looks oddly asymetric]

Yes, pics pls. How is the handling? How do you set the aperture and manual focus? Is the Fujinon XF 35mm f/1.4 R really have a 35mm focal length or is that 35mm equivalent (i.e. its a 23 mm)?

Tulip by cliffpatte, on Flickr

Guy - the X100 is dinky. I think the Fujinon 35mm on the X-Pro1 is way cool

CHun - nice, snappy autofocus, straightforward main controls, excellent jpegs out of the box in default mode

Dan - real 35mm - ie effectively a bit narrower than the field of view of a 50mm lens on a 35mm Full Frame camera. See pic for example of pics

Cliff,

Wow, the colours sure are spiffy. Is the tulip pic straight out of the camera without any processing?

Joe

That's very impressive Cliff. If it delivers consistent colour that good then it might be a really nice way to shoot with a pre-determined aaesthetic. Noise and detail looks good too.

Mike

Mmmmm, very nice.
Whats the IQ and colour Q like compared to the X100 and D700/D3X?

I feel spring pub meet coming on ;-)

Guy - no RAF-DNG support yet (hurry up Adobe)

Chun - will have to wait for daylight / weekend for the D7000 / X100 / X-Pro1 / D3X comparison.

real 35mm - ie effectively a bit narrower than the field of view of a 50mm lens on a 35mm Full Frame camera.
Messing around a bit with a depth-of-field calculator, it looks like 35mm on APSC at f1.4 gives similar DOF as 52mm on full frame at f2 - e.g. a little less than 1 ft at 8 ft from subject. So it's a bit like walking around with a 50 'cron -- nice!

Damn, I had put thoughts of the X-Pro1 out of my mind, but it's firmly back in there, right next to the cobwebs and billions of neurons I've devoted to Star Trek.

-------------

Cliff,

I'll probably regret asking, and I know your M9 and fancy German glass are long gone so a direct comparison is now impossible, but how does the Fuji fare against Leica's best digital rangefinder and a Summisomething or two?

Joe

And, a bit of pixel peeping, how does the non-anti-aliasing sensor hold up? Can you try a macro of a fabric and see if you get any weird artifacts?

Damn, I had put thoughts of the X-Pro1 out of my mind, but it's firmly back in there, right next to the cobwebs and billions of neurons I've devoted to Star Trek.

-------------

Cliff,

I'll probably regret asking, and I know your M9 and fancy German glass are long gone so a direct comparison is now impossible, but how does the Fuji fare against Leica's best digital rangefinder and a Summisomething or two?

Joe

I'll have to try and reproduce a shot from the archives. How about a bowl of fruit shot with both cameras (different bowl obviously)

Cliff,

I'll have to try and reproduce a shot from the archives. How about a bowl of fruit shot with both cameras (different bowl obviously)
That would be great, but don't put a lot of effort into this on my account.

I just meant subjectively — I know, a bad word these days — how are the pix compared with what you got from the M9 and Leica glass?

Joe

advertisement

Back