advertisement

System pics 2012

P1011324.jpg

What's the unit between the DAC and the Power amp. Looks like a modern version of a Lecson preamp ? Whatever it is it looks fantastic.

Edit - just found it http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=106295

James

Mmmmm(thinks) near top of the rear cabinet, so long lengths of unnecessary speaker cables hang down the back?

Or it's not one of Ivan's designs after all.

Spacey - very clean & neat. How's the Olive ?

James

Hello James, It’s just superb. It’s a really fool proof design and works/networks faultlessly. I didn't expect it to sound as good as it does via digital out, or its own internal DAC. I wasn't expecting such a huge improvement in sound quality over ALAC/iTunes but it sounds wonderful :) and it’s really nice to be in the world of FLAC! I also like the fact the remote app is available on both Android and Apple App markets.

Pete, what does this word 'budget' mean ? ;)

The wife hasn't a clue about HiFi or care one bit about how it looks, I'm the tidy freak in our house... I can't stand mess!

There maybe one extra box, but its still a simpler system IMHO.

What are those monster speakers?

They are IMF RSPM mk vi transmission line speakers. Bass down to 18hz!

Now I have had the crossovers updated with newer and better caps they sound stupendous. They like a bit of power though...

Ben

OK, I don't normally get into this sort of thing but seeing as the room is fairly tidy right now and I've (for once) some spare time, here's a selection of pics of my modest system:

View from the listening position (roughly)
7dl5hqv

Right hand speaker and LPS
77e8gem

Another view of system
7l8cqxe

System is:
Rega P25 turntable (rarely used these days since I sold most of my vinyl);
Mac Mini 2011/i5/8Gb/500Gb running OSX Lion and PureMusic
Audiolab CDQ
Adam Audio Compact Classic active speakers

I may be getting the best sound I've ever had out of perhaps the simplest system (at least in terms of boxes) == win all around :)

Monty - what are the speakers? they have a touch of the Focal Nova Utopias about them but have a different tweeter...

Hi

They are Usher Dancer Mini 2's. Wonderful speakers although they sound completely different in my new room vs my old one.... They don't sound as good. Bass has gone, imaging is poor. It's probably a placement and room issue. At least, thats what I'm hoping......

Hi Zebbo,

is that the tweaked anni ? nice, what speakers you sporting?

A bit of arm swapping going on at the moment with the Anni, Notts Analogue Ace Spacearm fitted at the moment. Shame it all has to live with other stuff in the lounge, I WILL have my own room....... one day!
P1000307.jpg

P1000308.jpg

It is indeed! Temporary armboard fitted at the moment but still lovely. The speakers are Heybrook Sextets, picked them up at the Tonbridge Hi-Fi jumble last year, very nice when everything is good ruthless otherwise!

It is indeed! Temporary armboard fitted at the moment but still lovely. The speakers are Heybrook Sextets, picked them up at the Tonbridge Hi-Fi jumble last year, very nice when everything is good ruthless otherwise!

That TT cd player looks out of place at the bottom there and anyway it won't be getting much use these days.

That being the case would you flog it cheap to me please? ;)

Nice stuff I bet it all hangs together rather nicely.

Cheers,

Dave

advertisement

Back