advertisement

System pics 2012

A bit of arm swapping going on at the moment with the Anni, Notts Analogue Ace Spacearm fitted at the moment. Shame it all has to live with other stuff in the lounge, I WILL have my own room....... one day!
P1000307.jpg

P1000308.jpg

heres me for 2012:

393672_10151111889750594_574820593_22260833_1616554982_n.jpg

Do you find the speakers work OK in the bay window ? I had a similar room layout in a previous house and just couldn't get it to work at all like that, there were all sorts of holes in the bass response, boom etc. In the end we swapped things around and put the sofa in the window and the speakers on the opposite wall, big improvement.

This is me settled for the time being...

P1011325.jpg

P1011324.jpg

The flat is currently in the process of being torn apart by Bengal kittens:
P1011351.jpg

P1011319.jpg

so rugs and soft furnishings are removed until they learn how to control their claws!

This is me settled for the time being...

P1011325.jpg

P1011324.jpg

P1011351.jpg

P1011319.jpg

so rugs and soft furnishings are removed until they learn how to control their claws!

As the owner of matching stereo cats, I feel that your mark twos have the edge; also the youthfulness !:)

That's really very nice BenS, can I ask what the coloured shelves are from and if they hold CDs?

Thanks, they are cd units. They came from Aram store on Drury Lane. I'm afraid I can't remember the manufacturer. I love the look of them - like a mini Don Judd!

Ben

Awfully clever designs nowadays; speakers posing as paint-pots :D (Do hope you're putting in a dedicated feed while you're about it).

Must say my noise floor is wonderfully quiet now, but it obviously needs a carpet. And yes, there are three independent circuits. One dirty for transports, lamps, appliances, and two for the analogue electronics of each system in there.

P1011351.jpg

P1011319.jpg

Ahhh. My sister has a Bengal, and indeed they are a handful! He constantly meows too and it is not a soft soothing sound either!

Cute cats; we have two Bengals as well. Lovely and loving, albeit overly energetic cats. Give them plenty of scratching alternatives, and force them to accept getting their nails cut on a regular basis. Our male will now gladly sit in my lap, present his nails and politely meow for them to be cut. The female is a much more difficult case.

in my room the speakers are Castle Conway 3's. (slightly modified)

the room kind of has to be this way around at the moment. I agree that there are holes in bass response, and imaging is a problem as well. But theres no possibility of it being the other way around.

I'm likely not going to be living here for more than a few more months anyway, so its just a temporary solution

Built up over the past year. The amp is an Audio Space AS-2i at about 12w per channel I think. The DAC is an Abrahamsen with balanced and unbalance outputs, USB input A-Sync. Now the speakers I bought from Ebay, but the guy who made these crackers lives near in Huddersfield so I popped over listened to them with some of my music and took a chance that the sound would open right up after burn in, and it did in spades. They are a DIY design front ported with a very high quality crossover. I am not sure but I think he said that they are inspired by ProAc but hey imho they sound great for the dosh.
If I get the opertunity to meet at a local bakeoff I will take the gear to see what the guys think. Anyway all this lot was obtained for approx £450.
All the music is from my PC using foobar2000 and installed plugin WASAPI for output to DAC.

2012-01-03171552.jpg

2012-01-03172452.jpg

2012-01-03172534.jpg

2012-01-03172508.jpg

advertisement

Back