advertisement

Coen Bros tribute thread.

Basil

Harbethian
Don't worry, checked the front page of IMDB and neither of them has died...

Just caught 'Romance and Cigarettes' on iPlayer...

Apart from 'Intolerable Cruelty' have these guys made a bad film?

Which is your fave?

Impossible to pick one, but if forced at gunpoint, I'd pick 'No Country for Old Men'

Wasn't too keen on The Ladykillers; pretty much love everything else they've done (not sure on IC though).

Mick

'burn after reading' was pap beyond measure.

'..Old men' the best I think. Or 'fargo'. Daft as the proverbial that one and some excellent belly laughs.

Of the Coen brothers films I've seen Raising Arizona, The Big Lebowski (well, duh!), Fargo and O Brother, Where Art Thou are my faves, man.

Intolerable Cruelty -- meh. Burn After Reading -- meh. Ladykillers -- what were they thinking?

Joe

Of the Coen brothers films I've seen Raising Arizona, The Big Lebowski (well, duh!), Fargo and O Brother, Where Art Thou are my faves, man.

Intolerable Cruelty -- meh. Burn After Reading -- meh. Ladykillers -- what were they thinking?

Joe

I always forget 'O Brother, Where Art Thou' is a Coen film...

Don't get old Joe...

And hey, 'Romance and Cigarettes'... Steve Buscemi doesn't die in it...

And a wonderful call out to The Big lebowski when Elaine Stritch tell's his character to 'Shut up'...

All films mentioned so far worth seeing again and again .
I always liked Barton Fink, reminded me of my first attempt at wallpaper hanging, also Blood simple is worth catching

For some reason I always think The Shawshank Redemption (five quid HMV) is one of theirs. Fargo, Lebowski and Blood Simple for me. Anyone attempting a remake of an Ealing comedy without Alec Guinness is riding for a fall though.

For some reason I always think The Shawshank Redemption (five quid HMV) is one of theirs. Fargo, Lebowski and Blood Simple for me. Anyone attempting a remake of an Ealing comedy without Alec Guinness is riding for a fall though.

Ditto...

But I found my DVD at the supermarket for £3...

Not my best bargain, picked up 'Annie Hall' for a quid in Morrisons!

I agree, though still have a soft spot for Barton Fink and Miller's Crossing.

Raising Arizona gets me every time, especially this exchange in a convenience store;

Evelle: [about the balloons he just bought] These blow up into funny shapes and all?
Grocer: Well no... unless round is funny.

advertisement

Back