advertisement

At last... (Audiolab) - part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps those who can't comprehend posts on the Internet shouldn't attempt to use them to criticise the posters. This thread has taken a negative slide lately with the attitude of a few recent posters. If a poster is an obvious troll just ignore them.

Honestly, it's just Hifi...

Perhaps those who can't comprehend posts on the Internet shouldn't attempt to use them to criticise the posters. This thread has taken a negative slide lately with the attitude of a few recent posters.

Noticed that too. Though it was hard to miss.:rolleyes: monkey's abound.

You don't say to which dac you're referring. You're obviously one of those idiots who get a kick out of spoiling for a fight on websites. I'm wasting no more time reading your posts.
Well the simple explanation is that if I'm responding to a post several posts up then I requote the post - like I'm doing here

And if I'm responding to the post above, then I tend not to bother quoting unless I'm replying to specific bits.

Both of which seem to be pretty normal posting behaviour to me.

Did it not occur to you that:
Make your mind up. You're making it up as you go!
might be perceived by the recipient as inflammatory and "spoiling for a fight"

If you can bring yourself to read my posts you'll probably find them some of the most factual on this thread :) (or anywhere else for that matter, go on, have another look) and you will find them the exact opposite of a "waste of your time". Hence I deservedly took exception when accused of "making it up as I go", and your observation of what I "obviously" am couldn't be further from the truth.

Anyway, I don't know why you think I should be upset if you choose not to read my posts
... it's definitely your loss rather than mine
(following this post I'm happy to be accused of smug arrogance, but in this particular set of circumstances I think I'm allowed to be :))

Did anyone get accross to the show and meet John then? I never managed to get over.
I met him this morning, and I believe sq225917 saw him this afternoon (oops - yesterday). I had a delightful time and I hope John did too.

I think several people met him yesterday as he claimed he "spent all day in the bathroom upgrading firmware"
... I've heard some euphemisms in my time but that's a new one to me...

I will be using the Mdac for my computer but if I do need to play a CD do you think I will get decent results feeding the Mdac from my Denon 3910 DVD player?
Try it and see. I think you'll be pleased. If you then get upgraditis for a replacement transport then so be it, but I don't think you need to rush out in advance.

IAG were using an 8200CD as the CD transport for the MDAC via optical

You could always try streaming the CD from the computer to the usb output :) - PC optical drives tend to be noisy (because they spin fast - anyone know how to force them to slow down? It's something I keep meaning to look for) and are often in the wrong place for the hifi

Hello sq225917:

You mentioned that the current production of CDQs contain the upgraded displays and transformers but that they will be slow to arrive.
1. Do you have any knowledge as to the present 8200CD production line, whether it also contains the new OLED and upgraded transformers?
2. Could you hazard a guess as to when we in North America might see both the CDQs & CDs arrive with their recent modifications?
3. Could you also take a stab at the MDAC's arrival for us here.

Thanks very much,

Al

Good to here someone got accross to the show. I'll try all sorts out once I get the MDAC. Well except bathroom fideling lol.

Some posts deleted. If some of the posters whose posts were deleted don't turn down the volume, they will find themselves banned for a week at least.

Markus - moderating

I saw, and heard, the Mdac at the show yesterday. I must say, it looked very smart, nice display and clean functional layout (like all Audiolab gear). I can't honesty say what it sounded like though, it was just one component in a system of components I am entirely unfamiliar with. The overall system didn't sound bad as such, but it was one of the less inspiring sounds of the day - a bit heavy on the 'bland' (for me at least).

I've not followed this thread at all, but I do understand in what way the Mdac is a pre-amp. It's a pre-amp in the sense that you can use it instead of one, as long as you don't want to use an analogue source of any kind. The nature and definition of what a pre-amp is, and what it is supposed to do, has gone through a lot of change in the last 15 years or so - it is no longer a very fixed point.

Did anyone get accross to the show and meet John then? I never managed to get over.

Got to the show on Sunday. MDAC driven optically from a 8200CD into a pair of 8200MBs and on into a pair of Wharfdale Jade 5, sounded superb. Glad I pre-ordered!!
Met John (and sq225917) in the afternoon and enjoyed a chat and a beer with them.

Clive

Good to hear a few got a cross to the show :) still sat with the hole where my CD player was waiting for the mdac. Soon I hope now.

I too was impressed with the mdac they played the same track on the cdq and then swapped to the mdac and it was a noticable step up to me.

Not familiar with the warfedales or the 8200mbs though. I would have liked to have grabbed the mdac and taken it to the pmc room but i think would have got assaulted by both iag and bryston so thought better of it :D

Butuz

ROFLMAO.

IAG marketing dept should really consider giving human names to their products. Maybe even from different nations to avoid any confusion: Giovanni, Nikolai, Suzuki, Hans, Jean, Gudmundsson, Jose etc.

And Roger. Always wanted an amp called Roger.

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back