advertisement

System pics 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...the second system has mostly gone. However, I've finally sourced the turntable I've lusted after for years: I've just bought a Trio L-07D :D

It's in pretty good condition, but missing the original headshell. I'm likely to send it onto Richard at Vantage for a service (it hasn't been used for some years, but starts up incredibly quickly, keeps speed, completely silent, and arm bearings smooth as a very smooth thing).

DSCF1884.jpg

DSCF1902.jpg

DSCF1896.jpg

DSCF1895.jpg

It is just beautiful in both aesthetics and engineering. I look at the elaborate construction and yearn for the days of over-engineered stuff. However,it's such a huge and heavy thing, that I haven't got a table large enough for it yet. It certainly won't sit on the existing wall mounted stand in the main system - it overshoots it. Looking at options :)

Superb stuff, that looks like a really clean and tidy L07D. They just don't make 'em like that any more...

Tony.

Oooh I've always wanted one of those. The only one I've seen recently was smashed to pieces.

What cartridge are you putting in it?

Don't know about cartridge yet: may swap over the Ortofon Cadenza Blue from the other t/t, but I quite fancy trying a Benz. Problem is, buying the t/t has skinted me, so I'm looking for a 2nd hand m/c, poss 200-300 hours on it.

And a headshell.

Oooh Theo I've just had a 'trouser' moment. That's gorgeous. :)

I can't bear to see a chap without a headshell so I'll do you a deal on my nearly-new (one month old) Sumiko if you're interested. Will email you.

I don't have the Trio periphery ring, but I do have another one which should work just as well.

Richard will (hopefully) sort me out a few bits and pieces.

Well not very pretty, but sounds better than the sum of parts;-)

Modified Numark TT100 Direct drive / RB301 / Ortofon 2M Blue.

tt100rb3012mblue.jpg

Creek CAS4040

creekcas4040.jpg

EPOS M12i

epos%20m12i.jpg

Lovely room Keith. I am thinking of trying vintage Tannoys and was thinking of the Cheviot. Why did you go for them rather than others? Also can you tell me a bit about the stands?

Hi MVV,

I took a punt on them, confident that if I didn't like them I could pass them on for little loss. I bought them from ebay with re-coned drivers by Lockwood. The seller advised me to raise them to tame any bass boom. I experimented with several different heights and ended up with 300mm stands. I commissioned a metal worker to make the bespoke stands for £160.

3 months later I knew they were keepers so I got them resprayed. I was toying with the idea of reveneering but decided to keep the original Crown Walnut. They sound clearer with the grilles removed.

PM me if you want more info.

Keith

Great looking pair of Tannoys and a very sweet looking system.
I love the look of the Weiss kit. The big coloured buttons and solid plain looks - proper kit :)

Well not very pretty, but sounds better than the sum of parts;-)

Modified Numark TT100 Direct drive / RB301 / Ortofon 2M Blue.

tt100rb3012mblue.jpg

What modifications did you make to your Numark? I have the same turntable and have been thinking of replacing it with a Technics. The reason I bought this one is that I got it at a very reasonble price (ex-dem) and because of its features - speed +/- 20%, plays backwards, and 33/45/78 rpm. I use it for the garage sale/ dirty used disks.

What modifications did you make to your Numark? I have the same turntable and have been thinking of replacing it with a Technics. The reason I bought this one is that I got it at a very reasonble price (ex-dem) and because of its features - speed +/- 20%, plays backwards, and 33/45/78 rpm. I use it for the garage sale/ dirty used disks.

Looks like Rega arm for one thing. Fascinating to know how much difference that made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back