advertisement

NAIM Shoebox case from AudioFlat

There isn't a lot to see - if you already own any Naim half-width cases, just look at one of those - cos these look absolutely identical :)

Some pics.

f**k me these are hard to photo! Every fingerprint shows up. I spent more time cleaning than I did photographing (not really but it felt like it). If you think you see a belmish you don't, its just the light!!!

Its been a really, really long road with days and days of work involved, not to mention the cost. But at last here is an exact replica of the NAIM Shoebox case for 276mm depth equipment.

058-1.jpg

062-1.jpg

065-1.jpg

069-1.jpg

095-1.jpg

080-1.jpg

077-1.jpg

125-1.jpg

Some pics.

f**k me these are hard to photo! Every fingerprint shows up. I spent more time cleaning than I did photographing (not really but it felt like it). If you think you see a belmish you don't, its just the light!!!

Its been a really, really long road with days and days of work involved, not to mention the cost. But at last here is an exact replica of the NAIM Shoebox case for 276mm depth equipment.

058-1.jpg

062-1.jpg

065-1.jpg

069-1.jpg

095-1.jpg

080-1.jpg

077-1.jpg

125-1.jpg

Andrew.

Well, hat's off to you, it looks perfect :D Tis still a huge gamble though ?

Now to the trays; are these going to be plain, or are you intending to offer the various cuts - you know NAP, NAC, Geddon Hi Cap, Snaxo etc.

All you'll need then are the olive fascia's ;)

Regards

John R

John.

Yes it is a gamble but hopefully worldwide there will be 1000 people who have:-

a. Damaged cases who want to replace them.

b. A need/want to build stuff in this case/tray.

Trays will be plain, its just too much hassle/cost to make them for each type of kit.

We have sourced black facias OK but getting an exact match on Olive ones is taking a bit more work.

Andrew.

fair play, they do look spot on ... i dont think you will have an issue selling them... but then i have also been known to take the odd gamble

for god sake man get on with it!

As far as the trays are concerned it would help me if you can sort out a technique for getting the best results.

You could easily produce some good templates for helping customers to mark out the front and back plates. This would improve confidence in your customers that they are likely to be successful in a diy project. The same could be applied to the bases for different uses such as hicap preamps and power amplifiers.

for god sake man get on with it!

As far as the trays are concerned it would help me if you can sort out a technique for getting the best results.

You could easily produce some good templates for helping customers to mark out the front and back plates. This would improve confidence in your customers that they are likely to be successful in a diy project. The same could be applied to the bases for different uses such as hicap preamps and power amplifiers.

Going as fast as we can!

I'm afraid templates are out of the question. You're talking months of work to research and verify it all.

Sorry

Andrew

Indeed, it's not so easy to sort out templates for all the options. I can draw them easily enough (though time is money as they say) - but the only half width components I have easy access to are a 72 and a Hi-Cap - hardly a definitive list of everything built into a half width case (I'm not at all keen on dismantling them either just so I can measure hole positions and diameters).

Andrew.

Well, hat's off to you, it looks perfect :D

All you'll need then are the olive fascia's ;)

Regards

John R

I'll second that, Andrew. Very nice.

Did anyone ever like the olive fascias? I thought Naim took some pretty odd turns in what was a classic looking and understated design. Those large knobs, for example. Very odd. I much prefer the plain plastic ones on the 32 I have at home. Actually I even love the look of the 12S. Shame I haven't got one any more. Now that really is a shoebox.

advertisement

Back