advertisement

NAIM Shoebox case from AudioFlat

Its been a long wait but I finally have three 100% samples of the NAIM shoebox case sleeve. We have hit the go button and ordered a 1000. Expect to see them on eBay in a month or less!

Working out the pricing tomorrow.

The inner tray is next..................hopefully that will be easy. Its our intention to offer the case with or without inner tray as some people will want just the sleeve to replace a damaged one.

Andrew.

P.S I'll post some pics tomorrow.

best of luck with this, i think you are brave, but i think you will do fine as long as the price isnt too much

What price to make your shoebox amp look like new? £100, £200....they really are spot on. Same OEM manufacturer as NAIM used (they remember JV)and the same paint and paint processes, as confirmed by NAIM!

These will be on eBay so we will have international exposure.

It's a gamble for sure but you have to speculate to accumulate.

Tool was £5k before any material costs!!!

1,000 @ £100 ... since no one is allowed to make any profit on hi-fi these days (well, maybe 10%), that's a f**k of a lot of cash you're investing!

Tool was £5k before any material costs!!!

Andrew, I have to say that 5k is an awful lot for a simple tool. I have never been quoted anything above £1500 and sometimes as little as 400 or 500. I wish I had known you were still doing this.

At the same time I should say, that I know exactly what Naim pay for their extrusions, and I think that's outrageous too, One of these days I'll pursuade Paul to come to me for advice on finding cheaper suppliers. I could easily save him enough to buy another AMG Merc.

Andrew, I have to say that 5k is an awful lot for a simple tool. I have never been quoted anything above £1500 and sometimes as little as 400 or 500. I wish I had known you were still doing this.

At the same time I should say, that I know exactly what Naim pay for their extrusions, and I think that's outrageous too, One of these days I'll pursuade Paul to come to me for advice on finding cheaper suppliers. I could easily save him enough to buy another AMG Merc.

All I will say is that it was designed for us and the results are superb. The price also included 30 samples.

Perhaps I will talk before (if) we do the full width case. The tool for that will be about £15k from the current supplier.

TBH the supplier we use is the only one I felt confident with and when I found out they used to do NAIM cases in the JV days, well it was a no brainer. Cheaper is not always better! The lack of any concavity in the extrusions is really superb and proof of their skill.

advertisement

Back