advertisement

NAIM Shoebox case from AudioFlat

Thanks Simon.

Its been nearly a year to get it sorted. Just hope they sell when I put them on eBay.

Andrew

Just got a full case paint sample. They have not sprayed the inside but the outside surface is spot on. Just need to order them and they will be for sale soon.

I will post some pics when I can.

Andrew.

They didn't spray the inside - blooming typical.

I have asked for a fully sprayed sample. I would say that its a perfect match though. It's identical to my two cases (72 and HiCap).

People are going to be impressed hopefully.

Andrew.

Fully painted case on it's way. I will post lots of pics.

I will contact those on the original list soon to see if everyone still wants one at the original group buy price.

Andrew.

Regards spraying inside .....
although the oringinal sleeves were black inside, the texturing from my recollection did not continue fully internally anyway.

Look forward to seeing the end result - what a great effort.
Thanks
Richard

Please give me some credit. I have invested £15000 in this project.

NAIM cases were textured all over. Mine will be the same.

Edit: Posted this when pissed - hence a bit 'tired and emotional'

Well yours might be but my four certainly aren't, neither my 42, 42.5 or either of my Snaps cases are textured inside, the finish is smooth/matt.

Well yours might be but my four certainly aren't, neither my 42, 42.5 or either of my Snaps cases are textured inside, the finish is smooth/matt.

I've got a 42.5, a 42, and a 110, none of which are textured on the inside.

Well mine are, just checked them all.

They have to be textured part way at least because the inside is revealed at the front and back and that is textured.

I think that getting the matt finish inside was part of the later case production method used. This is what I will get them to do.

I will look inside my NAIT at work.

In any case (no pun) we are close to getting them done so all of you with bent or scratched cases and those of you wanting a high quality case for your Starfish or HackerNAP amps now have an answer.....

Came home a bit pissed last night so sorry for flying off the handle.

Both sets of answers are correct - I've just looked at two Nait Mk 2, a naxo, and a Nat 01 / PSU. (all 1988-1996 vintage)

The texturing on the inside 'fades out' after about 15-20mm , so that the bit at each end which is visible on the ouside for the first 3-4mm is textured.

Regards to all
Richard

advertisement

Back