advertisement

Previously happy LP12 owners who moved on.....

Could I ask about the Linn Keel and upgrading, what are people’s thoughts about this, if they have gone this route from either a Majik or kore sub chassis. Or are there any alternatives as I potentially eventually wishing to pursue having something installed.

Could I ask about the Linn Keel and upgrading, what are people’s thoughts about this, if they have gone this route from either a Majik or kore sub chassis. Or are there any alternatives as I potentially eventually wishing to pursue having something installed.

Save some money and buy one of these instead - while stocks last!

Alto-3-1.jpg

Click here to visit: STACK AUDIO

Spend the significant savings on AUDIOSILENTE Silicone Mushrooms and more vinyl!

Get rid of your LINN springs altogether, dramatically improve the sound of your deck, totally eliminate the cost of LP12 tune-ups - and live happily ever after!

😉👍

Last edited:
One of a few alternatives remaining at a reasonable price are from Vinyl Passion.

Others are from the likes Tangerine audio but cost far more.

I would stick at the Kore - 90% of a Keel for about 25% of the price IMO. I appreciate that diminishing returns has long since kicked in by this point, but this was not the best VFM upgrade I've ever done. I would however highly recommend the Kore.

Never heard or tried any of the third party options.

I would stick at the Kore - 90% of a Keel for about 25% of the price IMO. I appreciate that diminishing returns has long since kicked in by this point, but this was not the best VFM upgrade I've ever done. I would however highly recommend the Kore.

Never heard or tried any of the third party options.
With the linn been upgradable why hasn’t linn offered the opportunity to alter the Majik sub chassis to Kore rather then having to remove what is I believe the majority of the Kore apart from the armboard?. Unless there is more money getting folk to spend £900 when they have most of it already?.

With the linn been upgradable why hasn’t linn offered the opportunity to alter the Majik sub chassis to Kore rather then having to remove what is I believe the majority of the Kore apart from the armboard?. Unless there is more money getting folk to spend £900 when they have most of it already?.

Not sure I understand you, apologies if I am being dim.

The older sub chassis and I believe the current Majik have a separate arm board. The Kore, like the Keel, is chassis and arm board all in one.

Added to that, the Kore is constructed quite differently to the other options, there is nothing of the older sub chassis in them. It is not a question of simply adding something to previous versions in order to get a Kore (or Keel).

Not sure I understand you, apologies if I am being dim.

The older sub chassis and I believe the current Majik have a separate arm board. The Kore, like the Keel, is chassis and arm board all in one.

Added to that, the Kore is constructed quite differently to the other options, there is nothing of the older sub chassis in them. It is not a question of simply adding something to previous versions in order to get a Kore (or Keel).
Sorry it’s probably me I was under the impression that the Kore is the Majik sub chassis with the addition of an aluminium armboard. If like the Keel it’s all one solid piece then I’m defo wrong!!, although I’ve just looked at an image of the rear of one and it looks like it’s two separate pieces bonded together?.

Sorry it’s probably me I was under the impression that the Kore is the Majik sub chassis with the addition of an aluminium armboard. If like the Keel it’s all one solid piece then I’m defo wrong!!, although I’ve just looked at an image of the rear of one and it looks like it’s two separate pieces bonded together?.
The Majik & Kore are same subchassis. The Majik has a laminated arm board that is screwed to the subchassis in a similar way to how it was fitted in the past. The Kore has a bonded aluminuim arm board that cant be removed.

The chassis bit of the Kore is chunkier and constructed differently to the other sub chassis. It is I believe two pieces of metal (aluminium?), one being the chassis and the other the arm board, which are glued/welded/stuck together. Certainly, you can't take them apart and are clearly not supposed to! It is in that sense one solid piece.

I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong, but I think the difference with the Keel is that although the shape and construction seem similar if not identical, it is made entirely from one piece of metal and there are no joints in it.

advertisement

Back