advertisement

Another Spotify price rise!

I agree with the above John.
And you can’t beat the catalogue: there’s about everything. That specific piece of classical music by that orchestra with that soloist is always available, which, frankly, is amazing. Worth the money I’ve paid since 2014.

And you can’t beat the catalogue: there’s about everything. That specific piece of classical music by that orchestra with that soloist is always available, which, frankly, is amazing. Worth the money I’ve paid since 2014.
Yea, I can't justify that, so little over time do I wish I still had Spotify. I'd rather just stack up a list (if there should ever be one) & join maybe on a free trial for a few months & then download them.

So you pay a couple of hundred a year and if you ever stop paying have nothing to show for it?

I think my records are probably worth more than I paid for them.
I know quite a few people whom just listen to Spotify & own nothing, not 1 download. It truly doesn't bother them. I guess they look at it that Spotify will always be available to them for many many years to come as long as they can subscribe. So why worry? It's there 24/7 at your finger tips (well it is for them).

I do have a fairly large CD and record collection but I listen to Spotify casually at home, for dancing with the other half and in the car.
Both ways of listening are complementary I reckon.
I still enjoy physical media very much.

Yes, I recently attended a performance of Chopin’s First Piano concerto and I was able to find a performance of the piece on Spotify with the soloist who was performing that evening.

I just returned on a 12 hour flight and when I determined wi-fi was not available on the flight, I downloaded a 1950’s Jazz playlist while waiting in the terminal for the flight. I had discovered the playlist the day before when I doing a bit of early morning listening in the hotel room. It kept me very happy during the flight with my AirPods Max as I had a very hard time sleeping on the plane.

So you pay a couple of hundred a year and if you ever stop paying have nothing to show for it?

I think my records are probably worth more than I paid for them.
One month Spotify costs me less than half of what a record LP goes for these days. Spotify has been more than worth the cost the last couple decades having pretty much three heavy users. It has provided hours of listening time a day and the AI is wonderful to turning you onto new artists. I don’t expect nor want anything from Spotify when I perish.

My loved ones will be stuck with thousands of record LP’s and Hi-Fi gear to get rid of likely for pennies on the dollar. The dollar value of your records is only what the market will bear. Unless you‘re going to sell the records overtime piecemeal, I can’t see how you recover what they’re “worth”.

Last edited:
I provide Spotify for all the kids, Mrs BB and I use it a lot myself in the car, kitchen and office, I can’t be arsed worrying about a couple of quid increase.

Cheers BB

advertisement

Back